About the role
An opportunity has arisen to join the IT Support Team at Schuh in Livingston as an IT Support Analyst.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
Daily operation of the IT Helpdesk at the Head Office and Remote Sites; providing both deskside and remote support to Users & Devices.
- Hardware: Troubleshooting, Maintenance, Installations & Upgrades for IT equipment including PC’s, Servers, Laptops, Phones, Storage Devices, Printers, & Scanners etc.
- Software / Applications: Installations, Troubleshooting, Testing, Updates & Upgrades as required
- Networking: Setting up Network connections/Devices, Panel patching, Troubleshooting connectivity issues
- User / Sys Admin: Managing & Creating AD Accounts, Mailboxes, Distribution Groups, AD Permissions, Cisco Phones, Access to Services, Cloud & Local Applications
- Purchasing, evaluating and testing hardware, software, components and peripherals. Maintaining and updating Hardware and Software inventory Asset tagging of IT equipment
- Logging & Dealing with any issues in the IT Helpdesk System; taking ownership of faults to resolution, and escalating any unresolved issues to other teams when appropriate
- Create/Update documentation; develop a knowledge base of solutions, problem escalation and resolutions
The ideal candidate should have previous IT Support experience in a networked environment, and must have a good understanding of MS Windows (W7/10, 2008/2016), MS Office (2010/2016), and TCP/IP networking protocols. VMWare vSphere, Exchange 2016, MSO365, and Active Directory experience are advantageous.
It is essential that the person is organised, disciplined, well presented with a mature outlook. You must also be flexible, enthusiastic; self motivated and have the confidence in your own abilities with a high level of integrity and discretion.
We are looking for someone who is quick to learn new skills and be able to solve problems they have not seen before, by researching solutions in the Helpdesk System or Internet. Attention to detail and the ability to work on own initiative and under pressure are vital.
You need to have a full driving licence and be able to get to Livingston on a daily basis.