About the role
JOB TITLE: Payroll Officer
REPORTS TO: Payroll Supervisor > Payroll Manager > Head of HR
MAIN FUNCTION: To provide a support role within the Payroll & HR function
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Gather and check thoroughly all payroll paperwork/automated timesheets and absence information to ensure staff are paid accurately and timeously as per payroll processes.
- Process 3 separate payrolls cycles within UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland for varied pay types (hourly paid and salaried) using payroll tools available (checklist, payroll manual, company policies). Payroll processing currently based over 2 separate payroll software systems.
- Calculating and processing sickness (as per company policy) and maternity/paternity/adoption payments as per HMRC guidelines
- Update and issue payroll administration online and by paper form (e.g. payslips, P45s, P60’s etc) on a 4-weekly basis where applicable.
- Deal with HMRC and other Government agency enquiries/submissions both online and by telephone as per any governed deadlines (i.e. FPS, EPS)
- Provide support with analytical reports where required within the business/payroll team.
- Deal with payments to external bodies i.e. PAYE/NI payment and arrestment orders. Ensure these are reconciled before payments are raised.
- Deal with year-end/year start administration including final reconciliation and all year end backup records maintained securely.
- Maintain accurate and clear payroll records within Chris21 where not automated.
- Maintain accurate and clear holiday records.
- Maintain accurate and clear absence records.
- Update all records on a weekly basis.
- Provide accurate advice and support (as per policy where necessary) to employees and line managers as required.
- Work with own initiative and as part of the Payroll team and wider HR team
- Excellent attention to detail & high level accuracy
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment
- Undertake tasks delegated by Payroll Supervisor & Head/Deputy Head of HR
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Health & Safety policy & procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as required by Company management.